Call An Alabama Drug Charges Lawyer
An experienced Alabama drug charges lawyer is crucial to helping you defend felony and misdemeanor drug crimes and Ketcham Law is here to help you fight your Alabama drug charges. At Ketcham Law our Alabama drug defense lawyer knows how serious the penalties from a drug conviction can be. Our drug defense lawyer will work diligently to provide the detailed and personalized advice you need to understand the charges against you and the potential penalties you may be facing. Our knowledge of area judges and prosecutors also allows us to offer some insight into what you may be able to expect from your legal proceedings.
The Need For An Alabama Drug Defense Lawyer
People are often wrongfully accused of Alabama drug crimes. This is why you need an Alabama drug defense lawyer to help you fight your Alabama drug charges. Many different State and Federal laws exist governing drug crimes. Trying to figure out all of them and what they mean for your case can be overwhelming. We help clients navigate the legal system and the applicable state and federal laws.
The penalties for possession of illegal drugs in Alabama vary widely. The penalties for possession depend on the type of drug, quantity, age of the offender and whether this is the person’s first offense. For first-time drug possession offenders over 18 years old in Alabama, for example, the penalties include:
- Possession of marijuana (less than 2.2 pounds) – Misdemeanor, up to one year in jail, up to $6,000 fine
- Possession of marijuana (more than 2.2 pounds) – Class C Felony, 1-10 years in jail, up to $15,000 fine
- Possession of cocaine (less than 28 grams) – Class C Felony, 1-10 years in jail, up to $15,000 fine
- Possession of cocaine (more than 28 grams, less than 500 grams) – Class C Felony, 3 years in jail, up to $50,000 fine
- Possession of Methamphetamine (less than 28 grams) – Class C Felony, 1-10 years in jail, up to $15,000 fine
- Possession of Methamphetamine (more than 28 grams, less than 500 grams) – Class C Felony, 3 years in jail, up to $50,000 fine
- Possession of heroin (less than 4 grams) – Class C Felony, 1-10 years in jail, up to $15,000 fine
Your Alabama Drug Defense Lawyer
Ketcham Law will work to help you fight your case and if need be, limit the penalties stemming from a conviction. By carefully examining every detail of your case, our Alabama drug defense lawyer will look for key information that can be used to pressure the prosecution into reducing or dismissing your charges, or prove your innocence completely in a trial.
Our knowledge of the law and the area courts allows us to find the key information needed to help you build the strongest possible defense against your shoplifting charges. Call 205-296-4233 to discuss your charges with an experienced Alabama drug defense lawyer.